• Providing highly specialised technical support for business-critical services, systems and/or infrastructure.
• Designing, maintaining, managing and developing one or more business-critical ICT systems and/or infrastructure service components.
• Responsible for developing and implementing infrastructure, systems and services through project work
• Provides technical leadership for one or more systems and/or infrastructure service components
Minimum requirements include:
• Relevant qualification at NQF level 7
• 10 years’ cybersecurity experience in enterprise applications and infrastructure of which 5 years must be relevant current technical hands on experience
• 10 years’ experience in enterprise ICT applications and infrastructure of which 5 years must be relevant current technical hands on experience
• At least one of the following industry-recognised certifications: CISSP, CISM, CISA Required non-technical skills include:
• Ability to prioritise and manage work under pressure.
• Excellent written and spoken communication skills.
• A strong customer service ethic.
• Ability to work as part of a team
• Analysis and problem-solving ability
Required Technical skills and competencies:The following technical skills and competencies are required for the positions as listed. Information and Cybersecurity
• Expert in Security Incident Response, IDS monitoring, and an understanding of attacks and the threat landscape.
• Expert in implementing and configuring enterprise antivirus solutions specifically McAfee antivirus.
• Expert knowledge in vulnerability detection and remediation (vulnerability management)
• A solid foundation of network and security skills with fundamental knowledge of Windows and Linux
• Strong understanding of information risks, current trends and developments in information security.
• Subject matter expertise in three or more security technologies – e.g. protective monitoring, encryption, cloud security, network security, application security, DLP, SIEM (Splunk) digital forensics practices and readiness
• Proven experience providing security architecture guidance to enterprise and infrastructure teams
• Experience with proactive threat intelligence gathering and analysis
• Solid understanding of information security and digital forensics methodologies
Relevant technology certifications and/or a qualification at NQF 8 and/or relevant experience in Higher Education is advantageous.
• Management of IT security and IT risk across Enterprise.
• Reports on findings and recommendations for corrective actions.
• Working understanding of applicable legislation (security and privacy)
• Elasticsearch, Kibana and Logstash experience
• MISP, Suricata
KEY PERFORMANCE AREAS
This position is open to all individuals who meet the relevant minimum criteria.
Desired Work Experience
Desired Qualification Accreditation