Open position : Plastic Injection Moulding Toolmaker X 2
Location : One in East London & One in Port Elizabeth
Salary : Market related
Type : Permanent position
Job requirements :
• Relevant qualification or equivalent
• 3 – 5 years relevant experience in Plastic Injection Moulding in a tool room environment
• Proficient in all tool room machinery and equipment including, lathes, mills, EDMs, grinders, etc.
• Assessing/diagnosing problems and implementing corrective modifications to injection moulds
• Maintaining adequate repair supplies, tracking and recording repairs, modifications and inventory
• Conduct change over and maintenance of production moulds and peripheral equipment
• Support production needs through enhancing and upgrading existing production moulds.
• Debug new tooling and offer design enhancements as required
• Operate all types of tool room equipment required to manufacture inserts as needed
• Assisting in the reviewing new products and moulds for design for manufacturability
• Assess and advance the development of current standards and practices
• Autonomously plans and schedules own daily tasks, develops solutions to problems
• Ability to read and interpret die, mould, and product drawings.
• Excellent communication skills and demonstrated problem solving ability
• Identify complex tooling issues and effectively find solutions
• Fabricate and maintain a variety of tools consistent with standard tool configuration.
• Make new parts for existing moulds using sketches, blueprints and CAD models
• Aid in the preventative and routine maintenance of tooling and moulds.
• Use precise measuring equipment to hold medium and tight tolerances
• Work efficiently under pressure
• Follow maintenance procedures and record data
• Work effectively with the quality department and all stakeholders for continuous improvements
• Maintain optimal mould performance by identifying mould performance issues
• Excellent mathematical skills and mechanical aptitude
Please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please add “Plastic Injection Moulding Toolmaker” into the subject line of your email.
No reply within 2 weeks indicates that you have been unsuccessful