• A skilled worker that creates pattern templates on paper for the clothing industry, using their knowledge of fabrics, sewing, and ability to alter garments to draft a pattern that replicates a design concept
• Broad Knowledge of pattern making in every category is key – Ladies Dresses, evening gowns, Jackets, Coats, Pants, Skirts, Blouses, etc.
• Interpret the designer’s detailed brief and constructs a pattern
• Able to bring the CAD/picture to life!
• Ability to accurately trace off from Overseas samples and make required adjustments to the traced pattern
• Knowledge of an array of fabric when it comes to the stretch and shrinkage reactions
• Able to make adjustments on the pattern according to the reaction of fabric Knowledge of grading
• Work closely with the seamstress on easier construction and ensure quality is up to standard
• Need to give all spec measurements on pattern’s line sheet e.g. lengths of elastic, zips, binding, trims, belt length, etc.
• Fit all styles with designer and process all pattern alterations required
• Measure all garments for fit submissions and complete a datasheet
• Once style is fit approved for sealing, and the pattern is graded need to check the graded nest before bulk is cut
• Need to sort out any problems with production with regards to the pattern, construction, and measurements that may incur, but should be avoided
• Matric Certificate
• Diploma in pattern making/design
• Minimum of 10 years’ work experience as a pattern maker
• Worked with a design centre/manufacturer supplying the major retail chain stores
• Strong technical knowledge required in pattern and garment construction
• Sewing and construction knowledge
• Be able to interpret a design concept and put it on cardboard
Should you be interested in this position and meet the above criteria, forward your MS Word CV to Priscilla - email@example.com
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Must have requirements include:
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES WILL INCLUDE:
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE:
If you are a match for this position, please REPLY with your CV (updated & detailed) and your current CTC salary per month to firstname.lastname@example.org
While we would really like to respond to every application, should you not hear back from us within one week, please consider your application for this particular position unsuccessful