Recruitment and Selection
· Manage the recruitment process and ensure candidates fit the role and company culture. Attract, retain and motivate staff.
· Advertise vacancies, assess applications, interview applicants.
· Coordinate and manage the orientation of new employees, process probationary reviews, employee evaluations and terminations
· Analyse the skills and qualities required for each job in the organisation
Formulation of HR strategy aligned to business objectives
· Identify the critical success factors from an HR & IR perspective and formulates the HR strategy to support the Corporate strategy
· Set requisite HR standards through benchmarking/best practices
· Develop, update and implement all HR policies and procedures.
· Identify training /skills / competency needs within the organisation.
· Coordinate career development, succession planning and talent management needs in partnership with line management.
· Submit the skills development plan within the prescribed timeframe.
· Identify skills shortages and where there is need to improve and inform management.
· Submit the Employment Equity Plans within specified timeframes to the Labour Department.
· Consult and give input into development of employment equity plans.
· Identify employment Equity quota requirements and advise on status of compliance to targets.
· Consult and advise management and staff on Labour relations issues.
· Ensure awareness on LRA, Basic conditions of Employment Act and all other labour legislation.
· Represent the organization on CCMA Level (conciliation & arbitration) and related forums
· Manage disciplinary and grievance matters within the organisation
HR Reporting and Administration
· Manage and oversee the input of HR information into payroll administration.
· Manage the compilation of monthly management reports all on all key output areas of the position.
· Manage the input into the HRIS for compliance
· Manage and standardize the performance management process
· Manage the implementation of performance management practices in the Entity
· Implement performance management / talent management initiatives.
· Ensure that all employees are aware about the application of the performance management model and system.
· Monitoring, evaluating and reporting results.
· Lead programmes that are aimed at improving employee morale.
· Identify and analyse current organisational effectiveness.
· Initiate and implement organisational surveys and change management interventions
· Assists in the planning, development, implementation and monitoring of company-wide total wellbeing initiatives.
· Develops programs that create awareness, motivation and provides tools to employees that help them adapt and maintain a well-rounded healthy lifestyle.
· Responsible for providing plan administration, participant communications and customer service of the company’s benefit plans and provides counsel to employees relative to their coverage and options according to established policy.
· Degree in Human Resources Management and/or equivalent.
· Approximately 5 years experience as an HR practitioner
· Minimum 2 years in an HR Management role.
· Human resources management
· Job descriptions
· Performance review methods and techniques
· Staff training, development and recognition
· Mentoring and coaching
· An understanding of relevant legislation, policies and procedures
· An understanding of the government cultural and political environment
· Good planning
· Analytical and decision-making skills.
· Tact and discretion when dealing with people.
· Ability to train
· Use Initiative
· Professional approach
· Excellent Administration Skills
Qualifications, Experience and knowledge
Skills and Attributes:
Business Acumen, People management, Relationship Management, Leadership skills, Interpersonal skills, Communication skills – written, presentation and verbal skills, Negotiation and influencing skills, Organisational skill, Employee engagement skills, Facilitation skills, Ability to lead and work in a team, Coordination skills Computer literacy – Microsoft Office package (MS Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook). Report writing skills.Ethical, People Management, Highly attentive to detail, Self-motivated, Team Player, Pro-active, Strong willed, Ability to handle ambiguity, Ability to cope well with disputes, Dynamic approach and strong influencing skills, Ability to manage internal and external stakeholders