KEY PERFORMANCE AREA 1: Strategic Management & Reporting
• Coordinate the setting of HC strategy and alignment with business plans.
• Lead and execute long and short term department objectives.
• Manage associated risk register with the internal audit team and committee.
• Liaison with clients and key stakeholders.
• Prepare reports for EXCO and board-level.
• Setting of HC and Payroll budgets annually.
• Manage employee mobility across all business units.
• Manage company communication structures.
KEY PERFORMANCE AREA 2: Recruitment, Selection and On-boarding
• Manage human capital planning in line with budget provisions and business strategy.
• Manage the recruitment process according to company policy.
• Responsible for signing-off of all new placements and reappointments.
• Manage all job descriptions within the company and ensuring role definitions are understood.
• Manage an on-boarding strategy and process.
• Oversee all related requirement for new starters – i.e. Office space, IT equipment, parking etc.
• Ensure efficient and accurate documentation are kept with regards to the recruitment and selection process.
KEY PERFORMANCE AREA 3: Payroll
• Manage the company remuneration strategies and payment structures.
• Manage the executive payroll and administration.
• Ensure compliance with all legal and tax provisions.
• Ensure efficient and accurate documentation practices.
• Ensuring all EE information is correct and up to date.
• Manage the pension fund from a strategic point of view.
• Manage the company leave provision.
• Manage overtime and work-hours of workforce.
KEY PERFORMANCE AREA 4: Industrial Relations
• Manage sound labour relations practices.
• Manage key consultants and stakeholders.
• Manage union activity and relationships.
• Ensure compliance with the bargaining council (SARPBAC) collective agreement.
• Manage the relationship with SARPBAC.
• Ensure SARPBAC / CCMA cases are dealt with effectively and completely.
• Coordinate record taking of all disciplinary actions taken.
• Assist with disciplinary hearing and other disciplinary issues as required.
• Provide management training and coaching on all industrial relations aspects.
• Ensure consistent application of disciplinary code and procedures.
KEY PERFORMANCE AREA 5: Training and Development
• Ensure compliance documents are completed annually – WSP, EE reports.
• Manage the Training Academy and the SETA relationship.
• Manage the training strategy of all new drivers.
• Manage the refresher and evaluation strategy for drivers.
• Manage a skills development plan for the company.
• Manage a Leadership Development program to empower company management.
• Manage training and development policies and procedures.
KEY PERFORMANCE AREA 6: Systems, Compliance and General Administration
• Ensure all policies and procedures are current and applicable across all business units.
• Ensure all policies and procedures are complied with and fully operational at all times.
• Ensure all systems utilized are adding value and is current with operations.
• Manage the HRM system implementation process.
• Compiles or assists with acquisition of complex data reports requested by senior executives and HC staff.
• Serves as lead representative and liaison between HC, Information Services, external, and other stakeholders for HC database design and implementation projects.
• Oversees the procurement of appropriate hardware and software to ensure that the organization has high quality, efficient systems.
• Ensure each employee has a signed contract Job Description and related documents on file.
• Manage the rights on user-management for all staff.
• Manage all driver documentation (PDP’s, License verification, References, criminal checks etc)
• Manage the updating pf PDP dates on the system.
• Manage the exit interview process and documentation.
• Manage Health and Safety compliance.
• Manage the Injury-on-duty processes and compliance with the Workplace Compensation Commissioner.
• Manage all payroll related compliances in all countries of operation.
KEY PERFORMANCE AREA 7: Performance Management
• Set a performance evaluation strategy and manage the implementation.
• Manage the record keeping of performance evaluations.
• Conduct assessment from performance evaluations received back.
• Manage the company productivity levels.
KEY PERFORMANCE AREA 8: Organisational Design and Employee Wellbeing
• Ensure company structures are effective, productive and cost efficient.
• Manage employee well-being initiatives.
• Manage praises and recognition strategies.
• Manage the uniform process according to company policy.
• Ensure effective communication strategies across all business functions.
• Post graduate qualification in HR.
• 10+ years’ work experience in an HR/HC management capacity.
• Strong computer skills
• Excellent system knowledge and implementation skills
• Strong project management skills.
• Understand the company operating models in all countries of operations.
• Must have experience from an HC and industrial relations environment.
• Must be able to motivate and lead people.
• Assist fellow colleagues in the daily running of HC related tasks.
• Be focused on providing work of an extremely high quality.
• Show ability to work under pressure and manage deadlines.
• Familiarity with human capital policies and procedures to ensure the HRIS meets organizational needs
• Be able to enforce discipline.
• Ability to keep information confidential.
• Be able to play a role on the company EXCO.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills.
• Excellent interpersonal and technical support skills.
• Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
• Very good organizational skills and attention to detail
- Prior experience with implementing and working with an HR Management system/Facilitates migration to a unified HRM system.
- Excellent knowledge and experience in training & development of staff (specific knowledge pertaining to the training needs analysis of coach drivers) as well as compliance.
- Data driven (reports/compliance/systems).
- Excellent knowledge of payroll systems/compliance & input/output of data.
- Strong IR knowledge and experience.
- Strong reporting skills.
- Strong performance management skills.
- Candidate must be flexible, working in an ever-changing work environment.
- Very hands-on human capital team – requires the same of the team leader.
Candidates preferably from the transport industry