Matric is a minimum requirement
Experience working on Syspro is not negotiable
Experience with collections from Retail/ FMCG and related industries would be a minimum requirement
Bookvalues working on R20 million (collections from Clicks, Shoprite, Spar etc. would be a huge advantage
Accurate payment allocations
Collect payments within terms
Reconciliation of customer accounts
Monitor unallocated payments and credits
Investigating and resolving customer queries
Provide invoices and pod’s to customers on request
Extensive liaison with internal departments (sales, customer care, warehouse)
Accurate recording of irrecoverable receivables
Accurate recording of unresolved claims, credits and queries
Monitor and report potential delinquent debtors to Credit Manager
Build feasible and appropriate relationships with customers
Ensure consistent application of policies and procedures
Large volume accounts/ Reports
Monthly Debtors report to Credit Manager
Basic duties include but are not limited to full debtors’, creditors’ and bookkeeper functions as defined below (in no particular order):
• Client and vendor payment approvals and allocations
• Customer collections including the control of any automated collection system such as the bank’s ACB module.
• Banking status and reconciliations
• Ensuring SARS, Statuary documents, Bank and any other documentation required is completed in order to efficiently run the business (e.g. Bank guarantees and Annual Letter of compliances)
• Sales and stock reporting and analysis
• Ensuring client and vendor queries are efficiently resolved
• Resolving legacy queries
• Budget & Expense planning and reconciliations
• Monitoring of daily cashflow
• Monitoring of CGIC facility (Applications, adequate cover, ets.)
• Control and verify Gross profit margins on sales
• Submission of accurate monthly management accounts by the 9th of each month
• Monitor and reconciliation of consignment and rotation stock
• Payroll submissions to Payroll department
• Stock reconciliations
• Cashbook reconciliations
• Journal entries and reconciliations
• General ledger reconciliations
• Fixed Asset control
• Creating and processing of Purchase Orders, Stock receipts, Picking Slips, Invoices, Returns and other documents required
• Electronic Banking Administration
• Document Administration
• Policies and Procedures Administration, review and implementation
• Electronic Database Administration
• Risk analysis & control
• Threat identification of any part or process of the business that affects profitability and reporting such to the Executive Committee.
• ISO compliance
• Trial Balance & management accounts reporting
• Statutory returns reconciled and submitted.
• SARS E-filing control and maintenance
• Ensuring the company’s annual and interim audits are efficiently and speedily carried out with all queries resolved. Ensuring all documentation is in order and audit packs complete.
• Ensuring data integrity of the company’s accounting system
• Ensuring subordinates are tasked correctly and accurately and reporting on such activities.
• Ensuring all personnel that are assigned duties fulfil them accurately and quickly with form timelines given.
• Other duties and responsibilities will be added on according to the needs of the company when required
• Analysis fuel billing
• Calculate rebates and discounts
• Calculate commissions for sales representatives
• All other Ad hoc Duties pertaining to the position
Completed Financial Qualification (or studying towards)
Completed SAICA/ SAIPA articles
Experience from a large entity would be nice to have (Telecommunications industry experience would be even better.)
• Pastel evolution
• Advanced excel skills for reporting purposes
• Cashbook experience “must”
• Payroll experience “Advantage”
• Should have knowledge of ethical accounting practices and ensure they are adhered to
• Should have good oral and written communication skills.
• Ability to efficiently lead, delegate and motivate subordinates.
• Experience in the Telecommunication industry will be an added advantage
• Ability work on multiple companies
• Problem solving skills and ability to work under pressure
Please email your CV to email@example.com
If you have not been contacted within 2-weeks after applying for this position, please consider your application unsuccessful.
The business is growing rapidy and globally and is looking for a Financial Manager to take full responsibility for the financial function of the business
Qualified CA(SA) essential - not negotiable
Advanced to Expert MS Excel skills
Min. 3 - 5 years post article experience from a manufacturing environment
Costing experience essential
Duties will include:
Manage the full finance function of the Company. This includes all aspects of the business involving financial issues.
Monitor the day-to-day financial operations within the company, such as payroll, invoicing, and other transactions
Oversee financial department employees, including Accountant, Bookkeepers, Debtors, Admin staff
Review financial data and prepare monthly management and annual reports
Analysis and review of monthly management accounts - Analyse financials and provide insightful information to Senior Executives to aid in long-term and short-term decision making
Full responsibility for manufactured product and imported product costings (costing experience in manufacturing essential)
Manage product pricing structures (multiple product categories, price structures and foreign currencies)
Oversight of inventory function (ensuring inventory is managed correctly, physical stock reconciles with the stock quantities in the system and values are accurately reflected in the system, ensure variances are investigated and resolved to your satisfaction)
Prepare detailed budgets for all exploration, holding and administration companies
Compliance with all relevant legislations
Implement and maintain effective internal controls and ensure compliance with GAAP
Prepare and present financial reports to board members, stakeholders, executives, and clients in formal meetings
Stay up to date with technological advances and accounting software to be used for financial purposes
Managing annual audit, tax preparation, banking, investments
Establish and maintain financial policies and procedures for the company
Assist with tender submissions, BEE compliance and Local manufacturing content verification
Successful incumbent will have a completed B.Com (Accounting) degree / similar, with 5+ years related experience preferably within the manufacturing sector. Report directly to the Country Financial Manager : Africa and be the custodian of administering insurance, contracts, fixed assets and corporate credit cards of the company correctly, diligently and timeously as per company procedures. Be responsible for the full cashbook function of 3 cashbooks (foreign currencies including USD, AUD and ZAR); administering the fixed assets / register / depreciation etc., credit and vendor applications process; administering insurance ie. building, equipment, assets etc., administering contracts (rental, insurance etc.); and QHSE responsibilities (minimal). Knowledge of Forex, SARB and Insurance essential. Solid and recent SAP experience and above-average Excel skills essential.
Succcessful incumbent will have a completed B.Com (Accounting / Commercial Degree), Supply Chain or a B.Sc (Animal Health) qualification, coupled with 3-5 years related experience in a similar industry. Proven ability to source products and communicate with suppliers and customers at a high level essential.
Report directly to the BU Manager and be responsible for the following :
Please apply online
Please apply online ?
Position would suit a person with a completed National Diploma in Credit Management / B.Com (Credit Management) with 3 years related experience within the financial services / Investments industry (ie. as a Credit Loans Administrator or Compliance Officer). The main accountabilities are : to prevent credit losses by way of thorough credit and legal assessments; ensure investments submitted for approval can be effectively and efficiently implemented; ensure all approved investments are administered in a safe and sound manner and in compliance with CRM policies and procedures; ensure credit administration duties are conducted in a way as to ensure quality and minimise potential loss. The role has primary working relationships with the Investment Executives / Managers / Finance, Legal and Legal Collections. KPI's include : Credit assessments; legal implementation; disbursement; collateral management and legal collections and compliance support. Suitable candidates must reside in Pretoria.
Please apply online if you meet these requirements.
Sound knowledge of Accounting entries, Foreign exchange transactions and Financial Statements.
Preferable - Studying towards a financial degree, OR in possession of a B.Com/B.Comt Accounting Degree
If not in possession of a qualification, experience in all duties required needs to be demonstrated/proven.
4-5 years relevant financial experience or must have been in a role of a Bookkeeper with SAP Business 1 exposure - not negotiable
Cashflow forecast to be completed on a daily basis
Cashbook entries for all payments and receipts
Perform monthly bank reconciliations
Foreign exchange transactions and forward cover contracts for both import and export transactions
VAT entries and reconciliation of Input and Output VAT
Managing the Fixed Asset register and updating as required
Preparation of all monthly Balance Sheet reconciliations
Intermediate Excel Skills (Pivot tables and v-lookups)
Experience in SAP Business 1
High attention to detail
Good time management skills
Good communication skills
If you have not been contacted within 2-weeks of applying for this position, please consider your application unsuccessful for the role. Thank you.
Overview and requirements:
Please email you CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
- 3 to 5 years experience in Credit Control (ideally from Retail, Distribution, Pharmaceutical etc.)
- Experience working on Syspro would be advantageous
- Experience with dealing with Export Accounts (documentation dealing with permits / licencing / custom requirements that are applicable to the different countries) - this is a minimum requirement in terms of experience
- Collections from Private Clients
- Able to collect book values up to R80 million (or more)
- Matric is a minimum qualification
- A Credit Management qualification would be highly advantageous
- Must be available immediately to start work on a contract basis.