Maintains organizations effectiveness and efficiency by defining and delivering strategic plans for implementing information technologies and ensuring seamless, stable and reliable Information Technology to enable productivity and business continuity. Directs technological research by studying organization goals, strategies, practices, and user projects. Recommends information technology strategies, policies, and procedures by evaluating organization outcomes. Running and sharing regular operation system reports with management team including the Executives.
- Assists in the planning and implementation of additions, deletions and major modifications to the supporting infrastructure company.
- Implements network security at the corporate level as established by corporate Security Director.
- Recognizes necessary network improvements and makes suggestions to IT Director, CFO and Executive team.
- Manage delivery of major IT projects including system updates, upgrades, migrations and outages.
- Provide support for audio-visual equipment, security and communication systems.
- Manage contracts for equipment and software licensing.
- Implementing IT policy and best practice guides for the organisation.
- Help decide, in conjunction with corporate leadership, which software and hardware products and other equipment are most suited for use within the company’s infrastructure.
- Oversees IT-related asset purchases on a company-wide basis.
- Manages software licenses on a company basis.
- Working with the company management team and individual users to define application enhancement requirements, reviewing processes and identifying opportunities for systems and software improvements.
- Support ongoing ICT enabled business transformation.
- Manage assets, implement processes, controls and relevant governance for all Technology related equipment.
- Collaborate closely with senior level management across relevant functions and regions to translate their strategies and roadmaps into initiatives and programs for the IT team to enable.
- Ensures the work of your team has a clear purpose, scope and understanding of success as defined by metrics
- Apply a continuous improvement approach in enhancing the strategies employed in technology spending, as well as in tracking company assets within the Configuration Management Database (CMDB) throughout their lifecycle
- Ensure the implementation of the health and safety management system within the areas of responsibility and to monitor the health, wellbeing and safety performance of direct reports.
- Partner with people leaders, product owners, management and employees
- Work collaboratively with managers and leadership to ensure that the right people and teams are available at the right time to maximize velocity and successful delivery.
- Building and maintaining business relationships between the User and IT and ensure business requirements are met through smart, efficient and cost-effective means.
- Attract, develop, engage and retain IT Talent.
- Agility – to work in a matrix and complex environment where change happens at a rapid pace
- Self-starter/ Initiative/creativity/innovation
- Strategic thinking, problem solving, critical thinking and analytical skills
- Proficiency in relationship building, networking, persuasion and influential skills
- Good technical, business and global acumen
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in IT and Computer science.
- Minimum of 12 years’ experience in IT
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in an IT Management/Leadership role
- At least 3 years’ experience in a Manufacturing environment
- Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA), ability to install, configure, operate, and troubleshoot medium-size route and switched networks, including implementation and verification of connections to remote sites in a WAN