Consolidate strategies and assist with strategic marketing planning on all company retail assets, including assisting with retail marketing planning and budgets across company group retail assets. The incumbent will direct and lead any national company Group and/or company Foundation campaigns across the retail assets. The retail brand lead manager will work with all retail marketing managers to
Provide support to the General Manager (GM) and Centre Marketing Manager (CMM) in designing and implementing annual marketing plan for non-GLA income • Conceptualise and negotiate all national group marketing campaigns for all retail assets • Assists in the generation of sponsorships, tactical activations, competitions and digital experiences to enhance the CMM’s portfolio • Provide support to the CMM with respect to centre digital technologies to optimise retail/ consumer/ tenant experiences (i.e. retail related applications like ‘ShoPING’)
• Design, obtain approval and implement the Group retail marketing strategy with the support from GM’s, CMM’s, Head of Marketing and Asset Management team • Ensures seamless process flows and consistency of messaging across the retail portfolio • Ensures brand alignment across Group and assets in retail portfolio
• Review Return on Investment (including AVE) reporting of marketing campaigns and at individual centres • Support the GM and CMM in obtaining approval for the centre marketing budget • Supporting the CMM ensuring consistency in SLA’s • Review and provide support to the CMM in spending of marketing budget
Oversees and advises on brand consistency across the retail portfolio – encourages brand story development per retail asset
PR and media management:
• Support the CMM and GM in designing and implementing the centre retail PR strategy to improve Advertising Value Equivalent (AVE) values per centre • Build media relationships with relevant publications across demographics and alongside the CMM • Boost PR traction on a Group level through tactics and activations which support the management of the retail brand • Responsible for obtaining stakeholder approvals on Group PRP initiatives
Digital and social media management:
• Monitor digital platforms to ensure consistency of messaging and information across the brand • Monitor social media metrics targets and support CMM in achieving targets. Targets are set in conjunction with CMM, GM and Head of Marketing • Review the digital content strategies per centre for consistency of message • Keeping up to date with advanced digital knowledge of measuring metrics and key trend technologies to bolster retail digital portfolio • Effective understanding of marketing insights through research and data collections
• Develops effective relationships with stakeholders internally and externally that are critical for success of the implementation of the Group centre strategy • Ensures that knowledge and trends regarding digital and social media trends are shares with stakeholders on an ongoing basis
• Ensure regular communications with stakeholders including centre management • Ensure all partner/ supplier relations are actively championed through bi-monthly meetings and status updates with the retail marketing manager • Surveys to be conducted to ensure effective relationship management
Events / promotions and tactical activations
Support GM and CMM on the following matters: o Tailor-made, novel surprise and delight tactics which are bespoke to each retail brand o Ensures that activation creates foot-traffic into the retail space and that this traffic is measured to effectively gauge campaign success/failures o The CMM centre to provide insights into international trends to
• Ensures compliance with relevant Acts. • Controls, manages and governs the processes and systems within area of accountability to ensure compliance and minimise the business risk. • Implements all audit recommendations in area of accountability and resolve audit findings timeously • Design, approval, implement and maintenance of policies within area of responsibility
• Identifies training / development needs and pro-actively selects effective solutions to address development gaps. • Ensures that a personal development plan is developed and implemented.
• Identify and obtain approval of staffing requirements in line with the approved Org structure and budget. • Responsible for the implementation and review of individual role profiles. • Develop, obtain approval from Exco and maintain the Organisational Structure. • Manages headcount in line with approved Equity plan. • Responsible for the ongoing performance management, including bi-annual performance reviews, and any IR related matters. • Responsible for the implementation of individual development plans.
• Responsible for the development of the succession plan for the business unit.
Contributing to company culture:
Demonstrates the company values and habits
5-7 years’ experience within a retail marketing environment with a minimum of 4 years in digital-, marketing and brand strategy management.
B. Comm Marketing and Communication degree and/ or Marketing degree or IMM diploma
Should you not receive a response within 10 working dys please consider your application as unsuccessful.
Ad visible until: 26 February 2020
For more information please contact: Elsabe Olckers, Pretoria