We are on the lookout for an experienced Site Material Handling Manager with experience in Power Plant or Oil & Gas industries.
Provision of Services and Responsibilities
- Demonstrates leadership and commitment to Health, Safety, Environmental and Quality (HSEQ). Actively encourages and leads the HZI and contractor teams to implement and comply with project HSEQ requirements.
- Ensures that all relevant HSEQ requirements are incorporated into area of responsibility and that, in consultation with site management and HSE team, HSE hazards are eliminated or mitigated to the extent practicable.
- Implementation of the TII “Process for material handling on site”.
- Ensures that risk assessments and method statements (RAMS) are reviewed with regards to HSE requirements and that work is carried out in accordance with the RAMS.
- Is responsible for the safety and HSE performance of all personnel under their control, and for stopping work where this might be compromised.
- Ensures works within area of responsibility are executed in accordance with the contract, and conform with project time and budget requirements.
- Co-operates with and exchanges experience with colleagues responsible for products and other project teams and departments.
- Prepares and follows-up deviations and claims.
- Progresses change requests (technical, time and costs).
- Supports the Site Supervisor with information regarding deliveries.
- Delivers Lessons Learned and feedback for current and future projects.
- Keeps the Site Manager informed of all site related activities.
- Experienced in the co-ordination of materials handling.
- Materials Management and Logistics diploma.
- Knowledge of relevant HSEQ legal and management system requirements.
- Site Supervisor Safety Training Scheme (SSSTS) or equivalent
- Valid Safety Contractors Certificate (SCC), Safepass (ROI), CSCS or CCNSG card or equivalent.
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft suite applications with user knowledge of Sharepoint.
- Solution orientated.
- Good forward planner.
- Good communicator.
- Excellent motivational and leadership skills.
- Ability to present ideas effectively.
- Able to evaluate ideas of others.
- Negotiation skills.
- Good command of English, other languages an advantage.
- In general the individual will demonstrate reliability, high ability to work under pressure, social competency, ability to manage conflict, assertiveness and will be service oriented.
- The above job duties and responsibilities are intended to describe the general nature of the work and are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities.
- Duties and responsibilities may change or vary depending on the specific needs of the business.