A big player in the alternative and backup energy supply market is seeking a Technical Sales and Design Engineer with a Sales and Driven personality. This position is ideally for an Electrical Engineering Graduate with a Sales personality that will be involved from the first contact with the client, solution design, through to the implementation and commissioning of the project.
Responsibilities include but not limited to:
Characteristics of Success
Our client based in KwaZulu Natal is seeking a SARA registered Remuneration and Benefits Manager 5 – 10 years’ experience in remuneration and benefits in a unionized, industrial business environment in a specialist, supervisor, or senior role. This individual will effectively manage and advise on remuneration and benefits practices.
Client based in Durban is seeking a Digital HR Lead. Must have a Master’s degree +10 yrs experience in project management, organizational development, continuous improvement, and HR technology. The position will Lead the digital HR transformation with the aim to change and modernize the HR landscape and ways of working.
Responsibilities include but not limited to:
Responsibilities include but not limited to:
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- GCC Mines & Works;
- B.Eng. or BTech Eng. are compulsory;
- MDP or equivalent will be advantageous;
- Computer literate (Microsoft Word, Outlook and Excel);
- Formal training in Planned Maintenance will be an advantage.
Experience and requirements:
· Work experience on process plant or platinum concentrator will be highly advantageous;
- At least 10 years’ experience in a position of authority and engineering role responsible for maintenance of equipment;
- Previous management experience is a requirement;
- Knowledge of pumps, pipe systems for slurry and clear water;
- Knowledge of bulk materials handling (conveyor belts and associated systems);
- Knowledge of classification equipment (screening, DMS drum, cyclones);
- Knowledge of comminution equipment (crushing, milling);
- Must have a good understanding of fundamental principles of business management.
Major tasks of the job:
- Ensure compliance to all applicable legal requirements and cop’s;
- Performance assessment of foremen and artisans;
- Disciplinary hearings;
- Responsible for implementing safe work standards and procedures;
- Ensures adherence to the company’s health and safety standards;
- Planned maintenance of plant and equipment;
- Co-operation with operational team to ensure plant throughput and production targets are met;
- Support the Plant Manager in operational duties, including human resource management;
- Compilation of annual operating cost budgets, majors, abnormal budgets and capital;
- Failure analysis and problem solving;
- Engineering for plant optimization;
- Team management;
- Monthly reporting of plant performance (availability of equipment) and cost performance (engineering budgets);
- Cost management;
- Stock and inventory management;
- Implement and maintain engineering standards;
- Equipment specification for procurement;
- Quality management for construction work done on site;
- Quality assurance for equipment fabrication and supply;
- Management of critical spares inventory;
- Management of operating spares and consumables for maintenance;
- Implement planned maintenance system through leading the maintenance risk assessments, maintenance procedures, approval of the planned maintenance job cards;
Our Client in the food production industry is looking for a Gravure Printing Press Operator, Min 3-4 years’ experience. Must include Programming and troubleshooting.
This position will primarily be responsible to support the Sales Staff and their clients (installers and integrators) to successfully sell equipment and solutions by providing technical advice to the end-users. The position will also include Low level repairs and Go/No-Go testing on equipment will be done.
The application of the equipment and solutions are in the Electronic Security Industry and consists of complete solution implementation on end-user sites for CCTV, Access Control, Alarms and Perimeter protection and detection (including Electric Fences, Gate Motors and Intercoms).
Personal attributes required:
Summary of Responsibilities:
Specialist credit management company based in Cape Town is seeking a target driven New Business Sales Consultants. Must have experience within the insurance/finance industry with relevant qualifications. Must have commercial business-to-business sales experience. The person will be required to oversee the introduction and conclusion of the companies’ services to potential new clients that are derived from telephonic cold-calling; call-ins and referrals.
Our client in materials testing is looking for a Branch Manager (Mossel Bay). They require 10 yrs. experience in similar industry. Must be a people person, go getter who is not afraid to find New Business. Must have commercial experience (interfacing with clients, budgets, forecasting, production planning, budget management) with strong managerial experience. SANS 3001 Knowledge would be a big advantage.
· Proficient in both Afrikaans and English (Read, speak, and write).
Responsibilities but not limited to:
Primary goal: To supervise and manage the performance of the plant operators, equipment and processes according to the operating plan and procedures.
Plan, prioritize, assign, supervise, review and participate in the work of staff responsible for plant operations and maintenance.
Establish schedules and methods for providing plant services, maintaining and updating all operating and maintenance documentation and manuals.
Identify resource needs; review needs with appropriate management staff; allocate resources accordingly.
Participate in the development of policies and procedures; monitor work activities to ensure compliance with established policies and procedures; make recommendations for changes and improvements to existing standards and procedures.
Recommend and assist in the implementation of goals and objectives to optimize the plant.
Perform the more technical and complex tasks of the work unit including implementing changes to improve efficiency and plant operation cost effectiveness.
Coordinate laboratory sampling and analysis and ensure plant compliance with feed, product and waste requirements.
Manage consumables inventory and chemical stock levels.
Operations troubleshooting, data evaluation and interpretation.
Respond appropriately and decisively during plant emergencies.
Compiling and preparing daily plant operational data, managing the daily logbook, measurement and reporting of results. Writing of daily, weekly monthly O&M performance summaries and reports.
Submit justification for system or facilities repair or expansion.
Coordinate activities of third party contractors to minimize disruption of plant processes – please take note of the safety requirements when a contractor performs work on the facility, the safety file review and compliance falls under a qualified safety office.
Monitor and adjust computerized SCADA system and process control software – only with process engineer approval change can be implemented, normal day to day adjustments to maintain water quality is within the scope of a supervisor and operators.
Participate in the selection of plant operations staff.
Provide and coordinate staff training
Work with employees to correct deficiencies and train Operators.
Implement discipline procedures.
Participate in the preparation and administration of the plant operations budget; submit budget recommendations; monitor expenditures.
Represent the company during meetings with Clients, vendors and subcontractors.
Ensure health and safety legislation and contractual obligations pertaining to health & safety are adhered to – safety systems can be maintained (after implementation) by the supervisor.
Ensure total confidentiality of all information, internal and external, pertaining to the business of the Company.
Manage overtime claims from operating personnel.
Enforce strict control and adherence to critical spares inventory as determined by the Mechanical Engineer and Maintenance Manager.
Prepare monthly invoice to the Client.
Ensure that equipment are always operated as per the Original Equipment Suppliers’ operating instructions and recommendations.
KNOWLEDGE AND QUALIFICATIONS:
· N6/ National Diploma in Mechanical Engineering
· Qualified Artisan – Fitter and Turner/Tool Maker.
· Can making experience will be an added advantage.
· A minimum 5 years’ Manufacturing/Production environment experience
· 2 years’ supervisory experience.
· Must have the aptitude for Coaching. Prior experience in Coaching will be an advantage.
· Demonstrable problem-solving capability.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Working with Production in ensuring consistent achievement of Production Targets.
· “Hands-on” approach to problem solving on all Can Finishing production equipment.
· Identifying, initiating and driving Continuous Improvement projects on Production Equipment.
· Providing coaching support for trainee Canmakers and Artisans.
· Supporting the Technical Department in ensuring that Can Finishing equipment is up to date with Maintenance.
· Participating in size conversions
· Contributing to continuous improvement to size conversions.
· Keeping up to date with the latest technological developments in the various Can Finishing equipment and techniques.
· Must be willing to assist with ad hoc projects and normal production support on an irregular basis.
· 5 to 10 years’ experience selling analytical equipment to R&D businesses like CSIR, Universities or laboratories.
Ideal candidate would have PREIFFER knowledge.
The main responsibilities of the role will be:
· Must call at laboratory manager or executive level
Must have a deep technical understanding of the product and the applications.
· May do presentations to groups of scientists
· Key account management of the Pfeiffer sub distributor and a few other key accounts
· Responsible for developing the Pfeiffer business.
· Preparing quotations and tenders in the office.
· Generating leads and following up on customer quotations.
· All marketing functions for Pfeiffer products in Africa like literature, adverts, trade shows, LinkedIn and Google Ads.
· On site customer support with technical problems
· Travel to Europe for training or to customers in Africa may be required
My client based in Pretoria within the Automotive industry is searching to find an energetic and independent HR Officer that is willing to go the extra mile to join their dynamic team. The successful candidate must have a min of 5 years' experience as an HR Officer with a driven and go getter attitude.
Our client based in Cape Town withing the Retail/ advertising industry is searching for a dynamic Human Resource Manager who will be able to provide leadership on people related strategies, issues and policies. Creating and implementing frameworks that will support the functioning and the growth of departments and the company as a whole. Most importantly to ensure that all labour legislative requirements are met to alleviate the company from any possible risk.
Duties of the Human Resource Manager includes (but not limited to):
Employee Wellness and Safety:
This position will be responsible for overseeing financial reporting and commercial support to the Richards Bay mill.
CA (SA) or CIMA
More than 10 years relevant financial management experience.
Costing experience in a continuous manufacturing environment.
Proficiency in MS Office suites will be essential, strong Excel skills
Competent in the use of SAP Finance/ Costing modules
RESPONSIBILITIES / KPAS:
Leads, mentors and develops a high performing team of 4 finance staff (financial accounting and cost accounting) whilst reporting to the Group Controlling Manager.
Establish the team as a reliable and supportive partner in respect of transparent, accurate and timely financial reporting and forecasting to the rest of the business and the Group.
Manages a wide range of finance related reporting including monthly actual reporting, budgeting, forecasting, margin management and profit initiatives.
Provides commercial insights and identify commercial improvements as a member of the senior management team at Richards Bay Mill, integrating financial decision making in daily operations.
Provides financial input to the Richards Bay mill strategy, including development of scenario analysis.
Reviews the effectiveness of systems and processes. Implements continuous improvements and monitors initiatives and changes that enhance the operational and financial risk framework and corporate governance in line with the overall business strategy and Internal Audit findings.
Ensures systems, processes and methodologies are consistent with those of the Merebank and Forestry operations, thereby driving standardisation and optimisation.
Represents Controlling at the Richards Bay Opco
Manages the insurance process at Richards Bay mill in a manner that promotes timely resolution and payment of claims.
JOB COMPETENCIES / ATTRIBUTES/SKILLS – ESSENTIAL
Collaborative style across multidisciplinary teams
Good interpersonal and communication skills
Analytical thinking with high attention to detail, able to provide “helicopter” insights
Adopts a Continuous Improvement approach in their work
Self-management and self-motivation with high integrity
Able to work to tight deadlines and under pressure
Confident to deal independently with Senior Leaders
Senior Recruitment Specialist